We work closely with CSU Center for Healthy Aging. We hold our classes in their beautiful facilities and work in tandem with many wonderful individuals and organizations that support and research aging and living well!
Adaptive Yoga Specialists/Jennifer Atkins offers an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience to our community and we are honored to collaborate and work along side Jennifer! Check out her website and the vast offerings and ways to engage!
The Parkinson’s support group in Larimer County provided support and services for individuals with Parkinson’s, their caregivers, families and friends.
Dance For Parkinson’s is a program that introduces the introduces the joy and benefits of dance to people with Parkinson’s.
Through research, awareness and support the Parkinson Association helps enhance the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST/RESEARCH
- Blending Occupational Therapy, dance and music for people living with Parkinsonâ€™s disease
- Out-thinking Parkinson’sÂ – Waking up the Senses and Parkinson’s Disease
- April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month! Read article by John Zapanta, P.T.
- Demential Risk Lower with daily walk, studies show
- A Collaborative Approach to Music Therapy Practice in Sensorimotor Rehabilitation By Ruth Rice, P.T. and Sarah Johnson, M.T.
- It takes two: the influence of dance partners onthe perceived enjoyment and benefits duringparticipation in partnered ballroom dance classesfor people with Parkinsonâ€™s
- Effects of Improvisational Dance Movement Therapy on Balance and Cognition in Parkinsonâ€™s Disease
- Differential Effects of Tango Versus Dance for PD in Parkinson Disease
- A mixed-methods study into ballet for people living with Parkinson’s
- Siobhan Silks – the creator of our beautiful scarves