The Parkinson’s support group in Larimer County provided support and services for individuals with Parkinson’s, their caregivers, families and friends.
Dance For Parkinson’s is a program that introduces the introduces the joy and benefits of dance to people with Parkinson’s.
Through research, awareness and support the Parkinson Association helps enhance the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s.
ARTICLES OF INTEREST/RESEARCH
- Blending Occupational Therapy, dance and music for people living with Parkinson’s disease
- Out-thinking Parkinson’s – Waking up the Senses and Parkinson’s Disease
- April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month! Read article by John Zapanta, P.T.
- Demential Risk Lower with daily walk, studies show
- A Collaborative Approach to Music Therapy Practice in Sensorimotor Rehabilitation By Ruth Rice, P.T. and Sarah Johnson, M.T.
- It takes two: the influence of dance partners onthe perceived enjoyment and benefits duringparticipation in partnered ballroom dance classesfor people with Parkinson’s
- Effects of Improvisational Dance Movement Therapy on Balance and Cognition in Parkinson’s Disease
- Differential Effects of Tango Versus Dance for PD in Parkinson Disease
- A mixed-methods study into ballet for people living with Parkinson’s
- Siobhan Silks – the creator of our beautiful scarves